Monday, August 25, 2008

This is why I hate Batman.........

In the last entry, I talked about my brush with Death. Actually, I came close to biting the big one. Three times to be exact, but I will talk about the first time. The first time was when I was in the 5th grade. At that time, I was attending Longfellow Grade School. It was an alright school. Really small classes. Made some friends there. Anyhow, me and my sister got home from school. Of course we did our homework. We did that for a hour before we ate. That day we had pork chops. Now, I ain't gonna lie, my mama can cook her ass off!!! There is a certain way she cooks them that makes it good. To this day, I have no idea how she do it. I've tried, but I can't get it right. Anyhow, we ate around 4pm. At the time Batman the Animated Series was a very cool show to watch. We would watch it on the black and white television every day after school. This day was different. I was supposed to meet up with my homies and play some basketball. I really didn't wanna watch Batman that day. I was in a rush. In my rush, I swallowed a fat part of the pork chop. One thing you have to know about my eating speed is that I can really eat fast. Honestly I can go up against that Japanese cat who always eats those hot dogs at a crazy rate, Kobiyashi I think is his name, and would go toe to toe with homie!!!! Kobiyashi, I wanna challenge you if you reading this............
Just playin!!! Back to the story. I swallowed a fat part of the chop, and it didn't go down my throat. I also couldn't get it up outta my throat. I was stuck. I remember the terror in my sister's eyes as she seen me struggling. I ain't never seen her like that. She starts yelling for Mom, then Mom starts screamin' and trippin'. At this point, I was sweating, trying to gasp for air I couldn't get, and crying because I was afraid. I was really young, but I knew this was about to be it. Thankfully, Pops was there to save me. He opened up my jaw and got the meat out. I remember falling to the floor on all fours, crying, and trying to get my thoughts back. Mama was still crying, my sister was still crying. Of course, Pops didn't cry. My Pops is really hard. He's a great man, but I've never seen him cry. Ever. But I know he was scared. After all that, everything slowed down. Needless to say, I ain't go play that day. I also wanna get Batman back for that near disaster. Damn you Batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The aftermath of the near death is a reminder I see everyday in the mirror: a scar in the form of a blood spot. It's on my left eye and it was really bad after the incident. I went to school the next day with my left eye all bloody. Thankfully, I could see just fine. It went down eventually, but a little is still there. People ask, "What's wrong with your eye?" It's become a part of me, so I don't notice as much as everyone else. Even though this wasn't the last time I fought with Death, this by far was the most frightening thing I ever encountered. Other than falling in love with a girl, that is. That shit is complicated, homie. Anyway, I wanna shout out my family, my brother Justin Lannom, the McConnels, my homies I grew up with, my two good lookin' friends Brittney Ross and her cousin Amanda Oldeen (Mandy's my "wife". Don't ask, cause it ain't none of your concern!!!), and to the Lord for giving me 9 lives like 50 Cent!!!!!!

No comments: